Getaway to Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia
The historic and vibrant cities of Baltimore, Washington and Philadelphia are home to several unmissable attractions. While passing through, make the most of the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington (March 20 to April 15, 2018) and several free activities. Consult the full itinerary here.
Day 1: Montreal - Philadelphia
As a former capital of the USA, Philadelphia is a major historical, cultural and artistic centre. A veritable history book, the city was the first home of many European settlers and exiles. A two-storey bus travels around the city, allowing tourists the chance to admire its main attractions.
Day 2: Philadelphia - Washington
Washington is a symbolic and mythical American city that welcomes its fair share of tourists each year, all eager to visit its many museums, its presidential district and more. This city is just brimming with important commemorative sites to enjoy.
- White House: Visit the front lawn of the President of the United States’ official residence.
- Luxury Cruise ($25 USD): Make your way down the Potomac River, the most important waterway in the United States.
- Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial: Admire this obelisk constructed in memory of the first president of the United States, followed by a monument created in the image of Abraham Lincoln, its 16th president.
- Smithsonian Institution: Discover 19 museums that are free to the public including the National Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art and the National Museum of Natural History.
Day 3: Washington - Baltimore - New Jersey
After a second day enjoying Washington, you’ll head to Baltimore, the seaport city on the Chesapeake Bay that charms visitors with its picturesque architecture and historical marinas.
- Arlington National Cemetery: Created during the American Civil War, this cemetery houses the final resting place of combatants of all of the American wars.
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial: Visit this famous monument, constructed in honour of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd president of the United States.
- Washington National Cathedral: Don’t forget to visit this impressive cathedral that is one of the most important religious buildings in the United States.
- Inner Harbour: Located in the heart of Baltimore, this seaport makes it possible to admire a beautiful panorama of the city’s waterfront.
Day 4: Woodbury Common Premium Outlets - Montreal
Before heading back to Quebec, make a visit to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets where you will find the biggest brands in North America’s most big-name stores.