One-day introduction to ice climbing this winter; includes materials and experienced guide on site
What You'll Get
Choose from the following options:
- $65 for ice climbing training for one person ($82.63 value)
- $99 for ice climbing training for two people ($165.26 value)
- $185 for ice climbing training for four people ($330.52 value)
The ice climbing training includes: (No item is required, but highly recommended)
- Technical materials, boots and hot beverages
List of equipment needed:
- Lunch and snacks
- 2 liter of water or hot beverage
- Synthetic clothes (that dries up quickly) as first layer
- Polar jacket
- Windproof, soft shell or waterproof coat
- Down coat (with or without sleeves – recommended) – to keep you warm when we are not moving
- Day backpack (30-40 liters)
- Tuque, scarf, mittens and gloves (2 pairs)
- Old snow or outdoor pants (you risk piercing them with your crampons)
- Gaiters (recommended to protect pants)
- One pair of warm socks
- Spare clothes for return
- Lip balm and sunscreen
- Sunglasses or ski mask
- Basic first aid kit
- Flashlight (if possible, frontal)
How the day went:
- 10h45am: Reception at LA LIBERTÉ NORD-SUD shelter and delivery of equipment
- 11h30am: Technical training and demonstration
- 11h30am-3h30pm: Supervised grimpes and monitor comments
- 3h30pm: End of ice climbing and return to the refuge
- 4pm: Departure
La Liberté Nord-Sud
All year round, La Liberté Nord-Sud plans guided activities, outdoor trainings and trips in the wilderness of Quebec and elsewhere for adventurous travelers. The company was founded by a professional guide who has coordinated over 35 expeditions in South America and specializes in organizing community trips. With a founder cumulating more than 15 years of experience in teaching climbing, the company also offers trainings to learn rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and canoeing.
The Fine Print
As this is a seasonal weather-dependent activity, the expiration may vary. Customers who have not been able to use their coupon by the end of the season will be eligible for a refund.
Expiration : Ice climbing is valid from January 12 to March 9, 2019 (or until the end of the season).
Limitations : 1 coupon per person. May buy 5 additional as gifts. Classes available on Saturdays and Sundays only.
Autres conditions : The training is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Park access fee of $8 is not included. Must sign a risk acceptance when booking online. Valid for the option purchased only. See the rules that apply to all deals.
Taxes and tips: Taxes not included, applicable to the amount shown on Groupon. Tips not included.
Reservation : required and subject to availability. To make a reservation, visit this page and enter your personal information, the desired date, and the number of people. Click on "Réservez". In the "Code de promotion" field, enter your coupon code and click on "Appliquer la promotion" then "Procéder à la commande". At least 24 hours' notice required for cancellation. For more information, call 438 871-7133.
Meeting point and time: Premises of La Liberté Nord-Sud in the reception of Parc d’Escalade et de Randonnée de la Montagne d’Argent at 10:45 a.m.
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.